The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, has stated that his visit to the ERHA FPSO operated by ExxonMobil Nigeria is to provoke the nation’s Oil Production Fields to ramp up crude production and unlock gas in line with the Gas Revolution Agenda of the #7BigWins.
While addressing key business concerns of ExxonMobil Nigeria, Dr. Kachikwu in a statement, urged the operators to not only focus on the profitability of the firm but also on giving back to the society has been doing business around the country for a long time.
He commended the crew on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria for their sacrifice, urgency of attention and value addition while conveying President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to the welfare of those on the production fields.
Kachikwu referenced the community engagement drive of the organisation evidenced by the peace and harmony seen in operating areas.
The Executive Director and Production Manager of ExxonMobil Nigeria, Richard Laing, however, debunked the rumour about the firm’s exit from Nigeria.
He further noted that the ERHA field is located in Oil Mining Lease (OML) 133, and ExxonMobil Nigeria holds a 56.25% participating interest while Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) holds the remaining 43.75% share.
The Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) has about 2.2 million barrels of storage capacity making it one of the largest of its kind, globally.